Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One more month...

until Olivia is one!!! Time definitely flies when you're having fun!!Olivia at 11 months:
  • She responds to simple commands like, "close the door, drink your milk, hug your baby, etc."
  • She gives kisses to mommy and daddy! We'll say, "give me a kiss!" and she will open her mouth really big and head straight for our mouths. BJ turns his face so she smacks one on his cheeks!

  • She will wave bye-bye to people that she knows! It's precious!

  • She loves playing in the one cabinet that we don't lock in the kitchen. It has all of our tupperware. She will scoot over there and pick up a bowl, put it to her mouth, and say, "mmm!"

  • She isn't walking yet or technically crawling either...but somehow she gets wherever she wants to go, whenever she wants. She does am army crawl on her belly; and when she's seated, she sort of moves like a gorilla! She happened to move herself from the kitchen, down our hallway into the bathroom where I was getting ready!

  • With that being said, she discovered the hallway and that we have more than one room in our house!

  • She has been using "mama" and "dada" when she is looking at us! Makes my heart melt!

  • She is eating all sorts of food. We start out nursing, then baby food, and then she gets mad and wants real food! She LOVES bread and cheese. She also likes peas, rice, and pasta...and cupcakes, haha j/k! Hello carbs!

  • We are starting the weaning process. We try and give her at least one sippee cup of mom's milk once a day. Depending on her mood, she decides on how that plays out!

  • She is proving herself to be very smart! She is starting to recognize the difference between things such as baby food jars. When she noticed the jar was taller and more brown, she got really excited and whined for it...she LOVES lasagna, and she knew that she was about to get it! She also so a can of veggie cheetohs all across the room and pointed at them!

She loves sharing!! She tries to give anything to anyone!!

Just another picture that I loved!

Photoshoot: BJ and Olivia playing outside...it's upper 50's today! Beautiful!
She has never really ever experienced grass before. I don't think she likes it yet. Sad huh?! What I said is, "Olivia, did daddy do it?!" That's what we say when she cries!!

And then we say, "Mama will make it all better!"

Olivia's best friend Nora!
BJ finally gave in and let her play with his laptop! His is a piece of junk anyways! Someone in our class said, "Dude, I think my grandma has the computer!" and I say that my grandma's computer is better than that!!! It was quite funny to see her play on it. She pushed the screen all the way down and scooted across the whole thing!
Did I mention she loves to read?! This was on one of her 3 sick days that we had in the last week.
This was too...She looks sick, right?! This is a cute story: She is immitating everything now, so I picked up the phone and said "Hiiii!" (in a really high pitch), then say "bye bye". She learned very quickly and copies the whole thing...soooo cute!

Our baby is growing up! We have so much fun with her. She has taught us so much, especially that life does not revolve around us! Her birthday is in one month, so my next project is going to be planning her bday party! We are trying to decide how big to have the party (as we don't want her cranky/stressed), where to have the party, etc. But you know me, I love planning stuff and that will be so much fun for me! If you happen to want to send her a card, she LOVES the cards that play music when they open. I have recently gotten a couple of those cards, and they quickly become "hers!" She loves to open them, look at me with a smile when the music plays, and close it, and do it all over again!


Okay, I know that was tough to get through (yeah right). but there were too many cute picture that I had to post! Thanks for sticking with it!

4 comments:

LULU said...

That one of u and Olivia outside is sooo cute..She is smiling very big! Love the pictures..Keep them coming

Anonymous said...

Wow! How is she almost a year?! I can't believe it. She has an awesome smile and I bet she will be funny like her mommy and daddy. I love hearing what I can expect in the next several months!

SarahB said...

Jill- What a cutie! I love reading your updates! When you guys head to Missouri we will have to get together- Stephen and I are in Kansas- not too far!

Tiffany said...

Love the new camera. It really makes a difference in the quality of pictures. Good choice. I love the blurring of the background.

So sad I will not be attending her first birthday :(( But I already have her gift picked out and I will definitely get her a music birthday card!

So proud of you wonderful parents. You are the best role models any child would be lucky to have.

Oh and thanks for quoting me in your blog. I'm so famous.

Love always and forever, Tiffany