Friday, March 18, 2011

Becoming crafty!

Some of you faithful readers would know that I recently started a new hobby...CUPCAKES! I love doing this! Have you ever heard anyone say "When I do this, all of my stresses go away and I only think about this"??!! Well when I start making cupcakes, I just get in a really good mood and all my worries melt away!! Until I eat 3 cupcakes and wonder why my baby weight is not completely gone yet!! So...with all of that said...I am still going to make cupcakes, but I am starting a new hobby that does the same things minus the calories.
SEWING! My handsome husband (who took these pictures!) bought me my machine for my birthday. Here are pictures of my first project! I got the instructions off of another blog!
Here is the finish!! I was pretty proud of how it turned out!! It needs to be ironed to sit flat, but it's super cute.
My neighbor and friend has volunteered to teach me and a couple of my friends the sewing basics and work up from that! I am super excited!

I think you're right Tiffany!! I am turning into an old fashioned 19th century mom!! And that makes me excited!!!

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Jill, yay, you got a sewing machine, now we should have craft making party! :)
-S,x