Sunday, February 27, 2011

BJ's 25!!!!

Saturday, February 26, my husband turned the big 2-5! For 6 days, we are the same age! We always get really excited around this time of the year, because we get to celebrate both of our birthdays...so we have one whole week of excitement! To start out the week, we went to a bed and breakfast in Cedarburg, WI. We stayed at the Washington House Inn. You should check it out! The town was very lovely, and our room was charming! It was a nice family getaway...I say family, because Olivia joined us! She had the whole town talkin' about how cute she is! Sorry we don't have pictures. We forgot our camera :(
I wanted this birthday to be special, because he mentioned how sad it was that birthdays aren't that big of a deal anymore. Well, I wanted them to be a big deal! So I invited some of our friends over for a party to celebrat BJ and some of his favorite things!! This is BJ cake! We found the guitars at a cake store in Cedarburg! The cupcakes were strawberry (his favorite) with cream cheese icing!
Blowing out his candles!
Acting like any 25 year old would do!! Playing his tiny guitar!
Sean and Jeremy chugging their Sprecher rootbeers! When BJ was sobbing about how birthdays aren't special anymore, he mentioned that people don't throw him rootbeer parties like they did for his 21st! So, rootbeer party it is! And of course...by now, you know we love Sprecher!
Gotta get a family photo!
And...pin the tail on the donkey! We had to have some form of entertainment!
Here's Jeremy laying the winning piece!
This is too funny! Lael (not me!) went to the right of the board both times and stuck it on the refrigerator. And...
her husband went to the left both times and put it on our shelf! They were the only two that went off of the general direction. We said if they would just meet in the middle, they'd do okay!!
Here are the two winners!!! And their prizes were Spreckers and reeses eggs (also BJ's favorite!)
Nora enjoyed the party! In fact, it was her first birthday party!
The girls! With all of the balloons...
And the boys (and Nora)!
And more balloons! Someone always has to stick one in their shirt! I guess that's okay because his wife is pregnant!
We had a good time celebrating BJ's birth and his favorite things!! I forgot to mention the all time favorite thing that was at his party...Jimmy John's turkey slims! He loved it! At the end of the night, BJ compared his party to the end of a Chuck episode when they've finished the mission and are celebrating all together over dinner. You know if you watch Chuck! Success!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hope BJ had the bestest day.. and looks like he sure did! I am jealous of your Wisconsin friends that get to spend all the birthdays with you and your cousin is here in Oklahoma not getting too :(( Not fair.

So yeah, someone is turning 26 Friday! Yippee!

Keep up the good work on the cupcakes.

I was looking into bed and breakfasts in Oklahoma again for my birthday, but none of them look as cool as the one I stayed in Tulsa. You and BJ need to check out that one at some point.

Bye!

Tiffany