Wednesday, September 14, 2011

You never know...

Wow! As part of our training here, we are put into groups for mentoring, encouragement, and fellowship. The groups consist of 5 staff members, several married students, and several single students. We have been meeting twice a week and sharing our stories. It has been incredible to hear all of the different stories. We have heard of students who sons committed suicide, dads doing the same, dads having strokes, family being addicted to drugs, growing up as a missionary kid, have dealt with depression, etc. My eyes have been opened these several weeks in that we all have one thing in common...everyone has dealt with pain at some point in their life. In a group that seems so different, I have been able to connect with pretty much everyone in some sort of aspect. I am saying all of this to say that you never know what someone has been through (or going through) in the past (or present). If you really get to know someone, you might find that you have a lot more in common than you think you do.

With that, I have heard so much this past week of prayer requests:
-my Aunt Susan's husband has been been having extreme high blood pressure and TIA's
-BJ's Aunt is having health problems
-my dad's hand has a bad infection and is receiving care for that
-Several staff, or their family, here have illnesses, diseases that are very difficult and painful
-My friend, Lael, lost her grandpa this week
-I have my gestational diabetes test tomorrow
I know that there are so many more that I am forgetting. But please pray for these!

Let's also thank God for some good things:
-Lulu, my cousin, got a job that is going to allow her to work normal hours now!
-Jennifer, my sister, got a job!
-My brother, Jason, and Eilene are having a baby boy in January!
-Tony, my dad, passed a really big test for work
-Drew, BJ's friend, passed the Bar!!
There are so many other praises too that I'm forgetting!

Please pray for these prayers, and thank God for these praises! Feel free to comment on here if there are prayers/praises that I didn't write and you'd like us to pray for them!!

No comments: