Many of you know, that BJ and I met 6 years ago at a summer christian project called Kaleo. Kaleo is held in Destin, Florida and is a 10 week long project where you learn how to discpile others on your campus and you get a taste of what the bible says about "missions"! That summer, in 2005, was the summer that both BJ and I went to Kaleo from our colleges (OU and Arkansas) and started what has ended up to be a happy marriage and 1 1/2 children!! Oh yeah, and on our way to be missionaries. Many say that it ruins your life for the good...I would have to agree! Anyways, during the project, you have "unifiers" that say you can't date until the last day. Many people like to say that we broke that unifier...but I assure you, that we waited until July 29th to date! 6 years later, we are vacationing in Destin with the Sanders' family and we thought that it would be sweet to relive our first date and take a walk down memory lane. Here are some pictures:
This is the restaurant, Thai Delight, that BJ took me to. We were worried that it wouldn't be there because it was a hole in the wall. It was still there and nothing had changed...we were still the ONLY people in the restaurant! The food was amazing. They even had mangos and sticky rice (which we had no idea what that was our first date!)
The walk down memory lane. This is where I worked! Boogies is the ideal summer job where you rent out parasails, wave runners, and dolphin cruises! I loved my job! BJ used to take me to work every morning...that's how our relationship started!
This is the harbor right where I worked. They have really built up the area. I assure you that we didn't do any of this our first date ;)
This is the restaurant, Thai Delight, that BJ took me to. We were worried that it wouldn't be there because it was a hole in the wall. It was still there and nothing had changed...we were still the ONLY people in the restaurant! The food was amazing. They even had mangos and sticky rice (which we had no idea what that was our first date!)
The walk down memory lane. This is where I worked! Boogies is the ideal summer job where you rent out parasails, wave runners, and dolphin cruises! I loved my job! BJ used to take me to work every morning...that's how our relationship started!
This is the harbor right where I worked. They have really built up the area. I assure you that we didn't do any of this our first date ;)
Last, but not least, we had to go and see if our hotel that the project stayed in still existed. It did! Still as janky as ever! What a great date to spend with the boyfriend that I fell in love with!!
4 comments:
So glad I got to visit you that summer and was able to meet Beej firsthand and approve him!! That was such a fun trip and very glad I got to experience a week with you guys!
Not to mention how much fun we had at Boogies, getting to parasail and ride waverunners!!
I'm gonna call you later. Need to catch up!
Pretty sure you broke ALL Kaleo rules, you little rebels!!!
What?? The Sandman is still there?? Um, pretty sure we are going to have to take a family vacay there before we leave for the field, haha!
Then a few months later you met me! :) I love seeing your pictures! Miss you so much!
Post a Comment