Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Olivia June Sanders


Olivia was born last night at 6:33 pm, and she weighs 7 lbs. She is 19.5 inches long, and has strawberry blonde hair! She is absolutely perfect!!
Labor started at 1:30am and lasted until 6pm when we finished with a C-section. The whole process was unexpected, but we know that everything worked out for the good of me and Olivia. We are all well, but we both did have a fever during labor, so Olivia has to spend the first 24 hours in the NICU. We aren't too worried, because they say that she is making a lot of progress and is the best baby in there!! They also say people pay a lot of money for hair like hers!! Her fever has dropped, but we are still waiting on her blood cultures. I am getting all of my IV's out tonight and get to shower!!!
Daddy got to give Olivia her first bath today and the grandparents got to observe! It was the cutest thing! He spiked her hair out like crazy! Oh, he also got to change her first diaper...most of you know what I'm talking about!! ahha. Anyways, we are so excited to be blessed with this little angel. Please be praying for her to keep her fever down and to get out of the NICU so we can take her home! Also, please pray for my healing from the surgery!

12 comments:

Tina Hamilton and family said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!!! I'm so happy for you guys and you all will be in our continued prayers. God Bless you and your family.

Sofia said...

Baby Olivia is so precious!!! Glad that you both (or all three:) doing better. Don't worry about c/section - the healing is way better than 'usual' delivery, haha:) So i was told. And i have been there - take your pain meds on time. Ah... so excited for you guys!! Wish we lived closer to visit.. looking forward to see lots more photos of tiny blond baby girl:)

Deana Kennedy said...

She is amazing and so perfect. Such a hard and I'm sure scary day yet God gave you a beautiful baby in the end. Lovin' the hair and Clara spent first day in NICU as well. Praying for a yummy shower and good time as a family of 3!!

Pooles said...

Jill and BJ! We couldn't be happier for the both of you! We know you are going to be the coolest parents! We love you both and cannot wait to see sweet Olivia! Tell her Auntie Andrea and Uncle Andrew say hello!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby girl!!! Congratulations to all three of you, our prayers are going up for a fast recovery and continued fever reducing! Enjoy this exciting occasion, can't wait to meet her! <3 Michael & Alexis

Tribal Schaible said...

Way to go, mom. Praying for you.

Doug Schaible

Hilary de Haan said...

Gorgeous!! Praying for you guys ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you two(three!)! I will definitely be praying for Jill's recovery and Olivia's overall health. She is beautiful and perfect. Congratulations to the Sanders family!
-Lauren Ballard

BE Whitetree said...

We are so happy for you guys and glad to hear youre doing alright! Hope to hear that youre coming home soon. Congrats~shes precious

lulu said...

All I can say is WOW!! Shes awesome! Cant wait to meet her! I'm going to have to see her before July

Clay, Mari and Lorenna Templeton said...

Congrats guys!!! She is beautiful!!!! Hope to see her this week...Lorenna and I have a cold otherwise we would love to come over and meet her...Hope you are doing well Jill! Let me know if you need anything;)
-Mari

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful. I am so happy for you guy's. She is blessed with wonderful parents.
Love you guys, Aunt Susan