Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthing Classes!!






We completed our birthing classes last weekend!!! It was a whole weekend full of information and fun!! We learned how to breathe and relax, stages of labor, breastfeeding, and babies! BJ says he is scarred for life from watching the video of a live birth...haha. It was pretty gross if I have to say so myself. Anyways, after the entire 10 hours of training, I think we feel equipped to do this! We even put together our car seat and stroller when we got home. Here are some pictures of the exciting weekend...since pictures are worth a thousand words. Note the picture of BJ and the baby: the lady says, "Now BJ, is that how we hold a baby!!"

8 comments:

Joanne Bachhuber said...

You both look wonderful playing "parent". BJ will probably have to change his technique in holding the baby. I love the monkey!!

Lulu said...

Love it! How exciting for you guys.. I looked up plane tickets to come visit.. I think I'm gonna ask them as a present for my birthday! Cant wait! Oh and Jill i may have gotten you a scentsy client.. I talked one of the deputies to buy some for his wife so i will keep on him!

Kev and Erica said...

that looks so fun! you are getting so close, and you're going to be amazing parents!

Unknown said...

BJ, you know DARN-well that you're supposed to be holding the baby by the neck!!! Stop goofing off! Birthing is serious...and BEAUTIFUL. haha

Pooles said...

Jill I love the pictures! Totally made me laugh out loud- the one of BJ holding the baby and they lady talking to him in the background! I'm so excited for ya'll! Love you!

Pooles said...

PS that comment was from Andrea above but Andrew is excited for ya'll too!

Sofia said...

Jilly, you look sooo cute!!! Can't believe it is only four weeks left, right?

The best sister in the world :) said...

Oh i love the look on Bj face!! But I am with Kyle, you hold the baby by the neck ;) And can I tell you how relieved I am that your stroller is green and not pukey pink!!!! Whoo hoo :) Love you guys!!!!