Sunday, January 3, 2010

Top 10!

Well, I found myself having some extra time this afternoon...because of Mother Nature! Our plans, which don't always turn out the way we plan, had a change in direction. We had planned to get up this, after packing our car to the brim last night, and head to St. Louis. When I jumped out of bed to do my morning routine (bathroom! Olivia pushes really hard on my bladder in the morning!), I noticed a blanket of snow covering Rob and Michelle's neighborhood.

Because of the occurrence that happened while driving on Christmas Eve (blizzards the whole way), we promised ourselves that we wouldn't do that again. The roads are supposed to be bad all the way to Joplin all day. So, sorry Aunt Becky, Uncle Chris, Alex, Mackenzey, Salem, Drew, Kelsey, and Layla...we will not be coming to St. Louis today. We have decided to actually enjoy the snow from indoors, instead of cursing at it!

Now, on to my randomness...I have been asked on several occasions for a list of my favorite restaurants in Norman...since I have eaten at all of them! So here is your request Misty, and all the others out there dying to know what you might be missing out on! (P.S-there might be more than 10! I get excited about Norman food!)

Italian:
Victorias-located on campus corner, very authentic!
Othello's-again, located on campus corner! Very yummy! I saw Bob Stoops there! But that had nothing to do with why it is my favorite!

Mexcian:
Teds-Obviously...I would even go to say that it is the best one in Oklahoma...I've tried them all!
La Luna-located on campus corner. Their cheese dip, salsa, tortillas, and Pollo Verde is to die for! It almost seems healthier than most Mexican foods!
Mama Vecca (pardon the spelling)-a great place to go if Ted's is too busy. It's located behind Walmart. We were very impressed with the food...and of course the salsa. That's what makes a Mexican restaurant to me!
Tarahumaras-located on Porter street. They are very speedy and yummy. You can even watch the cooks make your food on their tv screens! Make sure you don't split something there...or you could be charged more than an entree!

Asian:
Sweet Basil-located in historic main. Everything has been really yummy, but the yellow curry stands out to me! They are a bit pricey, so we usually split or take half home for leftovers!
PadThai-located on Jenkins, right by the stadium. It started out as a whole in the wall, but it has recently been updated and the food is still yummy. Obviously, I order the Padthai. It's a delightful bowl of noodles, with peanut sauce, chicken, and limes!
T.E.A Cafe-2 locations: Campus corner (not open on Sundays) and 12th and Alameda (open on Sundays!) This became one of our top favorites in Norman. Their pots of hot tea is so warming in the winter, and their milk teas with boboa is a treat in the summer! Not to mention, their food is awesome at such a low price! We get the box lunches that comes with orange chicken, spring roll, soup, cheese wanton, brown rice, and garlic cabbage. They are great about substituting the anything...I always substitute the tofu soup for an extra spring roll!!! Please, try it out!!!

Pizza:
Hideaway-located on campus corner. We don't go here a lot, but the pizza really is great and it's really fun to go on game days...if you don't have tickets!
New York Pizza and Pasta-Great, authentic pizza for cheap! Their pasta is awesome too! I would go at lunch and get their lunch specials. Also note....their house salad dressing is really good!

Sandwich places:
Cafe Plaid- located on Boyd street in campus corner. Great sandwiches, great pasta, coffee, and great soup. We like that it's a buffet style, so you don't have to leave a tip! Best dining experience in Norman!!!
Penny Hills-Located on Main and Hal Muldrow. It's kind of a hidden place, but their subs are delicious...plus, it's a sooner fan's heaven! Every inch is covered in OU decorations...the toilet even has long horn in the bottom!
Pita Pit-Located on Boyd street in campus corner. They are open super late and have expanded their location. I get chicken, ham, pineapple, and teriyaki sauce in a pita. You should definitely try it!

Extras:
Slim Chickens- located on Classen, in between Lindsey and Hwy 9. Their chicken, dipping sauce, and sweet tea is greasy and yummy!
PawPaw's hot dogs-really yummy hot dogs. They make everything in a little trailer. It used to be located in the Big Lots parking lot, but we haven't found it lately :(

1 comment:

kaylyn said...

Were you hungry this morning?!?!