For the past few years, I've had a heavy burden on my heart, and it seems to get stronger and stronger. When I was growing up, I had never even heard about what I'm about to tell you. The first time I heard it, I thought..."no, that can't be true". But it's true. Did you know that there are several people groups in this world that have never seen or heard of a Bible?! I'm not talking about a few people that just stay in their homes so they don't ever notice. I am talking, they have absolutely NO access. That would mean that all of the people in their people group, or that speak their language, do not even have the chance to read a Bible, or the Creator's Talk.
Does this do something to you? It definitely did and still does to me. How can that be? I thought everyone had a Bible. I mean, you can even get it on the internet if you want to...right? Some of you might think...big deal. It is a big deal, because I bet one point, hopefully all the time, you have read the Bible, or heard scripture quoted, or have been to church, or have had someone in your life teach you about what God has done. I am willing to bet that most of you even have 1-5 Bibles in their house right now. I know we do...several. We even have one on BJ's IPhone and my IPod.
So what does this mean? Should we send our "extra" bibles to these people group? If we did this, it would be like China sending over some books that are all written in Chinese for us to read. I think I might take it, but never have any idea what it says. What if we teach them how to read english and then give them our bibles? This again would be like someone teaching us how to read chinese to read their books. It might be fun for a while, but it wouldn't stick because that's not the language that I was taught from birth...my heart language.
I just wanted to share some of my heart in this first part (there will be a second part soon)! It just is such a heavy burden. The Bible has made a life changing impact in my life, and I can't imagine people not even having the opportunity to choose to let it impact theirs. I hope that you find this blog post unsettling. So what can you do??? Find some time to read your bible today, and while you do, pray for these people who have never seen or heard the Creator's Talk to have the opportunity soon!
Check out this short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DeZDySioj3A
To be continued...
1 comment:
AMEN!I will most def. read my bible tonight and say a prayer
Post a Comment