Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Week in Waukesha!

Michelle, BJ, and I rolled out of Norman on Monday and drove 11 hours to Troy, IL (thanks Aunt Becky!) We woke up the next day and drove 6 more to land in Waukesha, WI. It's a little different from Oklahoma here. They claim it is hot here...and it's 78! Crazy!! I think you will notice in the picture that I have a jacket and a blanket on!!

We moved into our 360 square feet apartment, and it seemed smaller than we even thought! We thought "how is all of our stuff going to fit??!?!?" But, with all the help of several people, it looks like a home. We had to be creative and create a living room and bedroom all in the same room. But, I actually like it.

Most of you know that we usually have crazy stories that happen to us...so here is ours for the week! We met a couple that has been showing us around and have been so nice! They wanted to take us to this restaurant called "The Safe House". We get there (mention: the only entrance is through this ally in downtown Milwaukee) and have to wait in line like for a ride. Our "turn" comes and we enter into this small room. They ask if anyone knows the password, to whisper it in her ear and we may enter in. None of us know...so we had to waddle like penguins for 10 seconds and the door would open. When we entered the next room, everyone was cheering, because they had seen us on a tv screen waddling like penguins! BJ and I were thinking....can we trust these nice new tribers showing us around anymore?? haha. But the restaurant was a spy theme. We were all agents wondering around looking for the password! We actually found it written in an article, and backwards on the ceiling...but I can't tell you....then we'd have to kill you! The night was really fun, and wierd! I don't think we'll ever forget our first trip into Milwaukee!

Please pray for us to find jobs. That is the main thing for the next couple of weeks before school starts. We miss you all and would love to hear from you!







3 comments:

Stuandamy said...

We're impressed... the place is looking good. We miss you guys back here in Norman. - Stu, Amy, Ben & Noah.

Suzy Q said...

BJill, I'm sorry I didn't get to give you a big hug before you guy's left but I am sending you a big hug right now. XOXO. I am so very proud of you guys and I know what God has in store for you and BJ will truly be amazing. I am so glad that you made this blog so we can keep in touch. Be safe and I love you. Aunt Sue

kaylyn said...

where's my room for when i come visit????? :)